Saturday 1 August 2009

New Wool

We are now getting our deliveries of all the Autumn/Winter wool stock and books, I love it when these huge boxes arrive we unpack piles and piles of scrummy new yarns, new colours and new books full of things I NEED to knit right now!!! This week we got our delivery of new Debbie Bliss yarns and books, we have also added new colours to our existing ranges of Aran yarns and the ever popular Baby Cashmerino. We have 3 new books in, 9 To 5 which is a great book full of patterns for children up to age 10, Fez which has some great chunky knits in and The Big Easy which is full of lovely things to make using Aran weight yarn. We also got some new Noro yarns in, I particularly love the new Silk Garden Sock colours (guess what my Dad is getting for Christmas!!). Other new things have been the new range of Amy Butler Knitting Bags which are fab (I have my eye on a large rusty coloured one!), gorgeous fabrics and in a range of sizes, these are not going to be in stock for very long. Monday should see our delivery from Rowan arriving, I can't wait to see the new British Breeds DK range - the Chunky range last year was very popular and the designs were great, I think the new range should be even more successful. It is ages ago since Emma and I placed our order so it will be exciting to remind ourselves what we actually purchased!! It is just like Christmas!

Emma has been away for the last 2 weeks in Northumberland, but I did receive a text this week with a picture attached of her knitting on the beach!! Crazy! I am off to Scarborough with friends and family this week for a bit of camping, I hope the rain clouds have dispersed by the time we go, I don't fancy being like those unlucky campers in the Lake District who ended up with Swans and Ducks swimming round their tents!!

Not much other news, my husband has been in the wars yet again, this time a car crash!!! He was in a friends car and they ended up spinning on a wet road and hitting a tree! Luckily no major injuries or hospitalisation this time just cuts, bruises and a very sore leg for Simon where it got squashed in the foot well of the car. Everyone is joking that Simon must be a cat, he is rapidly running out of lives though!! He is very fed up though because it means more time off his bike whilst his injuries heal.

No comments: