Wednesday 12 August 2009

My Latest Finished Project



My latest finished project - I have about ten unfinished! This is one of the items I knitted on holiday! A cup warmer knitted in our own Ba T'at yarn - the mugs on display were beautifully painted by our talented girls (Emily and Charlotte) at Create! These pictures are taken in our garden next to our vegetable patch which I am equally as proud of!! It's turning into a bit of the 'Good Life' here at home with our first year of vegetable growing. We have had tomatoes, lettuce, runner beans, peas, carrots and the season isn't over. Not sure people would recognise me from my wild days living and working in London - knitting and vegetable growing all in the same blog!! They all wondered what would happen to me when I moved further north than the Watford Gap - well here you are! Anyway really enjoyed knitting with the Ba T'at yarn (this colour is called Daffodil) which is hand dyed by Sherry on the farm very close to Create. I am also known for letting my coffee's go cold so this cup warmer may just help!
Further news from Create is we have had our enamelling kiln working today. Will post a picture of some of the items that were produced so you can get a better idea of what enamelling is. Sure the tease of seeing our enamelling items will get you back to view our next blog!??

Emma

No comments: