Thursday 27 August 2009

Media Fame and Another Knitted project!!

Well Create has been featured in the Ilkley Gazette today. They came in and took photos while we had the pottery wheel working and the kids throwing some amazing pots last week. Here is the link to the article on line - Ilkley Gazette.

We are hoping to set up after school Children's Art Classes starting after the October break which will include learning to throw pots as well as other art forms - information to follow. We are also going to be running a 10 week course on Learn to Sew for ages 7 plus again after the October break - we have got loads of great sewing projects to do. So when we finalise the days they are running we will let you know and put them on our website.

Well here are the pictures of my latest knitted project! Its a sort of mobile and yes they are birds!

The pictures show it hanging in Create and one of it laid out flat. We painted the beads at Create that you can see, which makes it a very original piece of work!! Anyway you can see it proudly presented at Create for a short time and then I am going to give it as part of a gift for my goddaughter at her christening. Her name isn't the one shown but for secrecy purposes have disguised the true owner!!! Sure if the parents are reading this blog they will guess its for them as I haven't been made Godmother to too many children this year!

The pattern is in Erika Knight's beautiful new book - Natural Nursery Knits. Miranda has knitted the rattle from there which she showed in an earlier blog. I knitted the birds and the covering on some of the beads in Rowan's Fine Milk Cotton - which is such a soft beautiful yarn - joy to knit with. Anyway I am really pleased with it! I wonder what my goddaughter will make of it in years to come .............! Guarantee there will never be another like it though!


Its knit night in Create tonight which I am looking forward too as need a bit of help with my new knitting project. Trying to stretch myself with this one but it may be a little tooo far! Do have some others to finish off, so it may not be the next project, I post in fact it maybe years before you see it! Miranda is back off holiday now so it will be good as it will be the first evening we have had together since the summer holidays started. Bit of gossip to catch up on. Anyway anyone is welcome to our knit nights - we have them every other Thursday from 7.30 and quite often there is wine - helps with the knitting I find and definitely with the chatting!!! Give us a call if you are interested in coming along - any standard of knitter is welcome.


Emma

1 comment:

MerrySusan said...

Emma , great blogging BUT could you please go back to the photo of 14 August and NAME the skeins of BATAT please?
Clock wise from bottom left...
There's a blues/reds one then a red/browns and a reds/oranges and a very green one and one that looks blue with lots of grey and then on the far right there's one that looks very blue with burgundy on my screen anyway. This looks quite nice and dark but is it?
OR take another photo and blog it with the skeins lined up and named, PLEASE? I'm trying to order and it's so hard on the phone, the ''watercolour'' which arrived today is too pale for me: I'll have to change it!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!!!