Saturday 5 September 2009

Gorgeous Cardigan in KidSilk Haze




I just love this cardigan!!!! Carol who is an amazing knitter and knits a lot of our samples at Create brought this in for us last week. The pattern is in the new Rowan Magazine (Number 46) and is called Wentworth. As you can probably tell it is a Kaffe Fassett design. Don't think the photos do it justice as it really is beautiful, a wonderful mix of colours! Ours is slightly adapted to the one in the book just to incorporate all the colours we have in Create - a vast array I can assure you!!
Pretty much as soon as Carol brought it in I whisked it away with me on a trip down south to visit friends (including a wedding and a 40th Birthday party - very hectic!). It got a lot of admiring comments. One of the days I took my daughter into London. We spent the majority of the time in Hamley's but we did make it to Trafalgar Square and saw the famous plinth where Anne Makepeace (a Rowan Consultant who takes some of our knitting and crochet courses in Create) stood with her knitting. Can't say there was anyone quite so interesting when we were there. We also went into the National Gallery and I can quite honestly say my cardigan did not look out of place amongst the Masterpieces!!! Anyway it is now proudly displayed in Create for you all to see.

Summer holidays are pretty much over. I find it sad when all the kids go back. The weather has certainly turned as well just to remind us that the summer has gone. Well at least I can get out my warm knits, put our new wood burning stove on and settle down with my knitting!
Emma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cardigan looks great on you (as always!) Emma. You are quite right about the photo not doing justice to the stunning colours - you need to see it to appreciate how rich they truly are. The Martin Storey coat was a complete contrast being all one colour and garter stitch throughout. It was a joy to knit and a doddle to finish with a minimum of ends to sew in after the mammoth task of the Kaffe Fassett cardi. I don't think I will be tackling stripes again for some time! It does make the lovely comments all the more appreciated however!