Thursday 26 June 2008

The next post!


Well it seems to have been a busy week. We had our sock knitting course running. This is taken by Sherry our sock knitting expert. Sherry taught all of us to knit socks last winter (guess what we gave our husbands for Christmas!) and she is a fantastic teacher and knows everything and anything to do with socks! I am going to get Sherry to write a blog so she can let you know a bit of her knitting background but for anyone local, Sherry is the one sitting supporting her sons at football matches knitting socks (much to her son’s embarrassment I hear!). The photo shows our sock knitters course and you can just see a baby on the knee of one of the knitters – we in fact had 3 babies on the course with their Mums. They were all so good and they all seemed relaxed.

Miranda and I have been busy working on our online wool shop. Its while having to put together our database of wool and books that you realise how much stock we have got! We are also trying to sort out our children’s’ courses for the summer holidays. Hopefully by next week they will be up on our website. My daughter breaks up a week tomorrow – can’t believe it and it is putting me in a bit of a panic about how little time we have to sort things out here before the summer break. We did take some huge deliveries of pottery to paint yesterday in preparation. I think Miranda and I can safely say that sorting out deliveries is the worst part of our job – although very good for our fitness levels. We received over a tonne of pottery that we had to carry up stairs, sort out, check off and then try and store somewhere. Wish I had taken a photo of us – I was wearing a really impractical long skirt and stupid shoes as had been to a summer performance at my daughter’s school (and had forgotten about the task ahead). Anyway I think our faces showed the story BUT it is all sorted now.

Well need another coffee and better get back to the cafĂ© – there is a lot of chatter I am missing out on!!!

Emma

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Hi Sherry!! Thanks for sending me here to see a picture of this wool shop you've told me about. It looks charming, wish I could hang out there.

Cheri